TEXEL® SA-306 200 kg is a freeze-dried maturation starter especially developed for texturizing, colouring, flavouring as well as competing with contamination flora in meat applications, and is ideal for the production of dried, fermented, possibly smoked cured meats, i.e. small to large caliber salami-type sausages manufactured in short processes. This blend contains Lactobacillus sakei, Staphylococcus carnosus, and Staphylococcus xylosus.
– Texturizing speed (*): very fast
– Acidifying power (**): medium
(*) Texturizing speed = Time necessary for forming texture
(**) Acidifying power = Minimum pH drop capability after 3 days
– Medium colour development speed
– High colour intensity
– Good colour stability
– Aroma and taste: typical acid (North European)
– Contribute to prevent fat oxydation (rancidity)
– Inhibition of contamination microflora through competitive exclusion
This culture requires addition of fermentable sugars
(dextrose, saccharose, etc). Its acidification activity largely depends on temperature, heating time and the recipe used. Acidification speed and final pH can be adjusted by controlling these parameters.
(below outlines technical information pertinent to both state and USDA inspected meat plants as it may aid in validating your HACCP plan)
DANISCO TECHNICAL INGREDIENT SOLUTIONS, LLC GAINESVILLE, FLORIDA
FATE OF SALMONELLA SPP., ESCHERICHIA COLI 0157: H7, STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS AND LISTERIA MONOCYTOGENES INOCULATED INTO FERMENTED, DRIED SALAMI PRODUCTS BY DEIBEL LABORATORIES, INC.
This validation study proves some absolutely compelling food safety, and crucial in modeling your HACCP plan around:
- Control Batch showed no recoverable Salmonella on the plating medium but the composite pre-enrichment was positive so the overall log reduction in this pathogen is 5+ logs. Test Batch also showed no recoverable Salmonella on the plates but the composite pre-enrichment was negative yielding an overall log reduction of 6+ logs.
- Control Batch showed a 4.9 log reduction in E. coli 0157:H7 strains. Test showed a 5+ log reduction in this pathogen.
- Control Batch showed a 1.92 log reduction in inoculated L. monocytogenes strains. Test showed a 2+ log reduction.
- The inoculated S. aureus strains did not grow and showed a gradual decrease in numbers through the course of the processing steps. All final dried product batches were analyzed for Staphylococcal enterotoxin and tested negative.
|Dimensions||4 × 4 × 0.1 in|